Friday, February 27, 2009

Manchester United Star Anderson Back In League Cup Final Contention

Sir Alex Ferguson hopes to have the Brazilian back in his squad very soon, and he could even feature against Spurs at the weekend...

Manchester United midfield starlet Anderson is back in the running for a League Cup final place, it has been revealed.

An ankle injury looked to have ruled him out but boss Sir Alex Ferguson is determined to field a youthful side and take some gambles in the Wembley show-piece against Tottenham Hotspur.

"The young ones who have played in the League Cup will play in it," Ferguson is quoted as saying by Setanta. "I'm not changing my mind on that one.

"The middle of midfield, though, is my biggest problem. I've got more options there than anywhere else.

"I've got Anderson, Darren Fletcher, Michael Carrick and young Darron Gibson, who is coming on in leaps and bounds. It gives me headaches, but more options."

It was widely believed that Anderson was crocked and unlikely to be risked due to uncertain form this term, however, 'Fergie' seems to have the young Brazilian firmly in his thoughts as United continue to chase a six-trophy haul.

0 comments: