Monday, May 18, 2009

Nemanja Vidic Expresses Surprise At Scooping Manchester United Awards

Aside from a blip against Liverpool, Manchester United's Serbian centre-back Nemanja Vidic has been a reliable and consistent component of a defensive line that has been chopped and changed throughout the season due to a host of injuries and suspensions.

The defender, along with Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo, Edwin van der Sar, and Rio Ferdinand, dominated the PFA Player of the Year nominations, but Vidic missed out to versatile veteran midfielder Giggs.

The 27-year-old, though, did scoop the individual in-house end-of-season accolade, and shared his thoughts with MUTV.

He said, "It's a great night for me. It has been a really good year. I am surprised I got it but I have really enjoyed it."

He continued, "To be honest I don't have so many individual awards. That's why I am a bit confused and my speech is not the best. Next time my speech will be a bit better."

Portuguese international Ronaldo claimed United's goal of the season award in recognition of his long-range goal scored against Porto away from home in the Champions League.

Alan Dawson, Goal.com

2 comments:

hendy hendarto said...

thanks to add me.... you have very good blog.......... CU

mohdisa said...

@hendy, thanks for ur comment.