Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wayne Rooney Wants To Be Manchester United Lifer

'Wazza' has pledged to stay at Old Trafford for the rest of his playing days...

Manchester United golden boy Wayne Rooney says he wants to finish his career at the club.

Rooney has been a mainstay at Old Trafford since his unforgettable hat-trick against Fenerbahce on his debut and there is every indication that the the best is yet to come from the super-talented 23-year-old.

The ex-Everton prodigy has three-and-a-half years to run on his contract. But when that's up, he is hoping to sign another one, to keep him a Red Devil for the rest of his playing days.

"I've always said that as long as United want me I'm happy to stay at the club," Rooney said in a recent interview for Inside United magazine.

"I don't want to leave. I love United and I have no reason to think about moving. I'm sure I'll be here for a long time.

"I hope I'm still at United when I'm the same age as guys like Ryan [Giggs], Paul [Scholes] and Gary [Neville]."

Rooney's first concern though is from what seat in the stands to watch United's next game, at home to Aston Villa, after his sending-off at Fulham a couple of weekends ago.

Derek Wanner, Goal.com

0 comments: