Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ramon Calderon: Cristiano Ronaldo Will Join Real Madrid

The ousted supremo has not only insisted that CR7 will be a Blanco next season, but has also boasted that it is all because of him that the Portuguese will be at the Bernabeu.

Former Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon may have been booted out of the Santiago Bernabeu offices earlier in the year, but that has not stopped him from pursuing his obsession with Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo.

The lawyer, who no longer has any say in how the club is run, expressed his certainty that Ronaldo would sign for Madrid as he looked back at his tumultuous two-and-a-half year term at the ‘White House’.

“I believe that my work at Real Madrid was good. We won six titles, I doubled the club’s income and in addition, one of the best players in the world will join the club as soon as the current season is over, and that is all thanks to my work,” he crowed during an interview with Cadena SER programme ‘El Larguero’.

“The past summer was not an appropriate time to make big signings but Madrid will always attract those superstars because they have the money to pay the players what they want.”

Although Calderon did not specifically mention Ronaldo’s name, AS believes that the ex-supremo is indeed referring to the Red Devil after he dismissed rumours that he had a conversation with Milan playmaker Kaka’s relatives in an airport.

“I do not want to create false expectations because the rumour is untrue,” he affirmed. “In any case, what is necessary is that the next president who comes in must sign the best players in the world.”

Finally, the 57-year-old revealed that he will not be attending the re-staging of the botched General Assembly, nor will he run again for the presidential elections.

“I must not attend the Assembly as I have been ordered to stay away from it. I just wanted to say today that I will not hide from anybody and if the courts summon me, I’ll be more than happy to testify,” he concluded.

“And I will not appear in the elections either. I left my current term because it was killing me and I had to think about all the damage it was doing to me and to my family.”

0 comments: