Friday, February 20, 2009

Manchester United Duo Rooney & Berbatov Praise Paul Scholes

‘Roo’ and ‘Berba’ can't praise Paul Scholes highly enough for his part in the midweek win over Fulham...

Paul Scholes opened the scoring for Manchester United on Wednesday evening, volleying home a corner to spark a 3-0 rout of Fulham.

Although he's played down the strike, team-mates Dimitar Berbatov and Wayne Rooney have heaped praise on the wily midfielder.

The 34-year-old told the club's official website of his goal, which squirmed under the body of Cottagers 'keeper Mark Schwarzer, "I don't think it was one of my better ones.

"It was a great ball from Michael [Carrick] to find me and I caught it quite well. The keeper will probably be a little disappointed he didn't save it but I was happy it spun into the net.

"Over the years I have always contributed goals but in the last couple of seasons that hasn't been the case as I have been playing slightly deeper. Hopefully there'll be more."

Berbatov, who added the second goal, said of Scholes, "Nobody else in the world can play the way Scholes does.

"The passes he produces all over the field and the way he changes the game is brilliant."

The returning Rooney came on to put the gloss on the win with his first touch but reserved his praise for Scholes, too. ‘Roo’ added, "I thought [Scholes' goal] was brilliant and I thought Scholesy was outstanding.

"Some of his passing you don't see that often from players around the world and it was joy to watch."

0 comments: